Environmental Policy Statement
Welwyn Components Limited manufactures a broad range of products including discrete resistors and hybrid microcircuits. As a major manufacturing company, Welwyn uses significant quantities of energy, water, chemicals, packaging and other raw materials. The Company is committed to the continual improvement of its environmental performance by using materials, processes and procedures, which will prevent, reduce or control pollution.
- Comply with all applicable environmental and legal requirements.
- Take precautionary measures to prevent the risk of pollution.
- Ensure that methods of waste disposal are safe and create no long-term environmental problems.
- Where practical, reduce the consumption of energy, water and other resources in business activities and support the development of viable renewable resources.
- Encourage recycling and the use of recycled materials.
- Provide information and training to increase employee awareness and encourage all employees to take an active part in meeting the environmental objectives.
- Carry out regular reviews of environmental performance against objectives for continual improvement.
The Environmental Management System
Welwyn Components Limited operates an Environmental Management System (EMS) to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004. Monitoring, reviewing, and continually improving the EMS system can verify legal and other requirements to external interested parties. For a certificate copy, please click on the link below